2020 has been a year of wild volatility. The market is up on recent news of COVID-19 vaccines, but we remain cautious for 2021 as many risks still pose a threat to the markets. Global economies are tight-rope walking to recovery and industry earnings growth is still minuscule for many. While it is tempting to try to time the market or chase after high-risk investments for quick returns, history suggests this can be detrimental to your financial health. We recommend that you prepare your portfolios for the current market conditions by following our simple investment management approach: Plan, Protect, and Grow.
At Elementus Wealth, we first work to understand and clarify your goals. In our experience, we have found people don’t have what they want because they don’t know what they want. From here, we design investment and financial plans to achieve those goals and protect your family’s well being. We look for opportunities to enhance your net spendable dollars, build additional tax shelters, and make sure that your money lasts beyond your lifetime. Our approach to investment management can help you plan for your long term goals, reduce the danger of a financial impact, and build the legacy you envision.
COVID-19 and its effects on the economy are what we call uncontrollable downside risk. These risks are also present in our everyday lives, hence the proverbial ‘getting hit by a bus’. How can you protect yourself, your family, and portfolio against uncontrollable life events such as death, sickness, accidents, or another market downturn?
We recommend the following:
- Transfer uncontrollable life risks to an insurance company
- Diversify your investment portfolio across different geographical regions
- Diversify across industries and asset classes
- Replace a portion of your bond portfolio with the bomb shelter investing strategy (here)
Find out how you can implement protection against downside risk (click here)
4 Insights into our 2021 Investment Management Strategy:
- We have shifted our investment management philosophy based on the results of our annual investment audit (click here).
- Instead of traditional mutual funds, we now participate in Private Pools with a global mandate. A global mandate allows portfolio managers greater autonomy over strategic and tactical decisions, especially when it comes to selecting, rotating in, and out specific geographic regions.
- We anticipate that the Emerging Markets of India and China will provide great opportunities in the years to come.
- We choose to work with portfolio managers that invest in alternative energy, fintech, medical devices, 5G, and health tech.
- We enhance the yields of the low-risk portion of our client’s portfolios by replacing traditional fixed-income investments with bomb sheltered investment whole life insurance.
Find out where to invest your money (click here)